Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Overheating. Temp went up and down like a sticky thermostat.

Customer Question
Overheating. Temp went up...

Overheating. Temp went up and down like a sticky thermostat. changed thermostat and the problem is still there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Just refilled the coolant when I changed the thermostat. Not sure of a leak. Have seen no signs of one.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Toyota Tacoma 2002 two wheel drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

Emptied coolant, changed the thermostat and coolant cap, refilled coolant.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's all the relevant stuff\

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/19/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you checked the fan clutch to see if its strong and working correctly?

How was the coolant when you drained it?