Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

C1310 code red triangle brake light vsc and check engine are…

C1310 code red triangle...

C1310 code red triangle brake light vsc and check engine are all on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

08

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just a scan tool.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Came on all of a sudden whilst drivibg

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Do you have the P codes from the engine computer? What model is the 08 Toyota?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No P codes just the c code

What model?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Vin JTDB20U087780912

Can you recheck the VIN it is missing 1 digit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry
JTDKB20U087780912

No worries standby.

On this 2008 Prius C1310 code means there is a malfunction in the HV or hybrid control unit. There are multiple problems that can cause this code to set in the VSC system this is basically a default code shutting down the VSC system because that system needs critical information from the hybrid computer for regenerative braking and so on and to apply the brakes in correspondence to what the vehicle skid control computer is trying to do. You need a scan tool that will access the hybrid ECU and the engine ECU to find out what the subcodes are in those systems.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would a POA93 coolant level warning cause all of these lights to come on. Red triangle, brakes vsc and check engine.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just got it back from the shop and did not think to check that sick they were meant to top off the fluids.

Yes that is correct anytime there is a malfunction in any of the other subsystems it will cause all these lights to cascade and come on all of the systems need information from one another. If they top the coolant off and the codes are cleared and no warning lights are coming on you should be good to go. If you need any other detailed information regarding this issue feel free to reply and I will get back to you otherwise if you have not done so please do not forget to rate the assistance I provided you today at three or higher and a five would be awesome thank you.

Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician