Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My vsc antiskid and engine light all come on the same time.

Customer Question
My vsc antiskid and...

My vsc antiskid and engine light all come on the same time

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?

The cide was 7e8 qnd 7e9 and yes i tried to reset it however it would not reset for several miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

08 toyota avalon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to try. the light trouble stemmed from a leaking power brake booster which was replaxcd

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Before the light comes come I feel the brakes pulsing they are slowing down the car After pulling over and restarting the codes came on and I had a hrd time to get them to turn off

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Do you have the specific engine code from the engine control computer it would start with the letter P and then have four digits.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no i could not get the code reader to giver any more codes

Those code numbers that you gave 7e8 and 7e9 are not valid numbers. Can you try different code reader or can you try your nearby auto parts store where the do free code reads unless you live in California and New York Virginia. We need to know what the four digit malfunction code numbers are to give you better information on what could be going on.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try to get the codes and get back to you

Okay that will be fine. Just reply back to this thread as you have been do not open another question.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician