Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My matrix was driven with a broken serpentine belt it got…

My matrix was driven...

My matrix was driven with a broken serpentine belt it got very hot what’s likely the heads blown

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car?

125000

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Matrix?

03 with 2zz

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Matrix yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am by trade an airplane Mech I also own turbo Supra I’m going to put on another belt and service fluids and try running

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I’m pretty mechanically inclined and familiar with 2zz and the extra valve gear

3/19/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

It is hard to say it the head gasket is blown at this point. It is too early to tell. It will depends on how hot the engine got.

Based on my experience, these engines are very good and you may get lucky as the head gasket may not be blown for this over heating incident. The only way to find out is to install a serpentine belt and test the the vehicle and check for signs of a blown head-gasket.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you that’s my plan in the morning I know this 2zz was made with forged interns KD and are incredibly durable

You are most welcome. I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

You are most welcome

Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician