Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The horn honks repeatedly when I attach the terminals to my…

The horn honks repeatedly...

The horn honks repeatedly when I attach the terminals to my new battery. How can I disable the alarm or the horn?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Brand new battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2005 V6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I removed the old battery and had it tested. Declared dead by Auto Zone. Purchased a new battery which is correct for the make and model. However, as stated as soon as I attach both terminals the car starts honking and will not quit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that covers it.

3/18/2018
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

open the driver front door put the key in the ignition then connect the battery if the alarm still go off remove the key lock the doors then use the key to open the driver front door let me know if this work .

3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician
That worked! Thanks.

your welcome