Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I put a 4" lift kit on my tacoma, and i have front tire

Customer Question
I put a 4"...

I put a 4" lift kit on my tacoma, and i have front tire rubbing issues.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

Less then 250 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Tacoma?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had toyota dealership install, it from Rough Country

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also cut away some of the frount bumper and took off the mud flapps

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
3/18/2018
Toyota Mechanic: EricFromCT, Toyota Technician replied 1 month ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

What exactly is the front tire rubbing on?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!
1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.
2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.
3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.
Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Eric, I'm Mike, thats a good question, what is it rubbing on that it causing my traction control to go into alarm? i have cut away some of the inside of the front bumper and took off the mud flaps. the size tire is a nitto ridge grappler 285/55/20 the rim size is 20 x 10 inch rim. with a 4" lift kit from rough country. that was installed by toyota a dealership.i have also put duct tape on the inside of the wheel wells temporary. and saw no rub marks on tape, or rub marks on tires.

Perhaps you are stretching or rubbing on a speed sensor wire. You need to see where it is rubbing maybe by duplicating it at slow speeds and having someone look to see where it is coming from. Maybe rubbing on the front coil spring?

If a dealer put it in you should be able to go back and tell them its rubbing and they could at least take a look at it.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Have you checked to see where your tires are rubbing?

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician