Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 Toyota sienna, battery is full charged, I turned the…

2006 Toyota sienna, battery is...
2006 Toyota sienna, battery is full charged, I turned the key and nothing happens. not even a click.
3/18/2018
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

have you tried to start it in neutral?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no I have not.
I be back, Im going to try it.

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Didn’t start on neutral, but I just can barely can hear the click now.

ok, do you have a voltmeter?

ok, while someone holds the key in start, check for 12 volts at the small wire on the starter

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
battery has 12 dc

thats not what i asked

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I checked with my multi meter.

did you check the small wire on the starter for 12 volts dc while someone held the key to the start position?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no!
Let me checked.

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I disconnected the small wire from the starter and has 12.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You think I need new starter?

your starter is bad then

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok.
Thank you David!!!

you are very welcome. Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im going to auto zone now.

do not buy a starter from autozone

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok,
I checked on auto zone, I replaced under warranty.
Thank you David.
The Sienna is running now.

very good to hear! Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you very much

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you David!!
I did rated you with 5 stars.
Thank you!!!

thank and you are very welcome

david craig
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic