Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The door open indicator on the dash board is lit but all…

Customer Question
The door open indicator...

The door open indicator on the dash board is lit but all doors are closed. The off/door/on button works to turn off lights in Off position. In Door position the interior lights come on even with all doors shut, and in On position all lights come on. This is a 2004 Toyota Sienna xle. The rear sliding door on driver side will not open in manual mode or using interior power button above Center dashboard. Rear sliding passenger door and rear doors open using the interior power buttons in that above panel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Not yet. I was out of town and the van was parked in the garage for about 7 days so the battery completely drained

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

It’s like it’s sensing the door is open so killing the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Toyota?

Was able to recharge battery and now seeing the dashboard light showing the door open symbol

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

2004. And has 183,024 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I’ve tried the manual on off buttons for the rear door (ones by left knee when in driver seat). Can’t open that rear door at all. Also when driving the beeping to indicate a door is open is constantly going on so it’s really loud..

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
3/18/2018
Toyota Mechanic: John Vieira, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
John Vieira
John Vieira, Auto Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be working with you on the issue at hand.

It is a switch problem shorting out. Or it could be the relay where the fuse box is. Locate the switch and test it. Let me know if you are able to do this and I will give you instructions on how to do this.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician