Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2009 Toyota Camry remote key has been acting up as of…

Customer Question
Hi there. My 2009...

Hi there. My 2009 Toyota Camry remote key has been acting up as of late. Sometimes it works and doesnt. Think battery is going dead. Nonetheless, now security light flasing and engine wont turn over. Suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would say more blinking. Dont think it was doing that before. I have done nothing yet. was going to check fuses and replace battery in remote key first. Good idea?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 2 days by:
3/20/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you had the vehicle's battery tested first as that will trigger the security to do strange things as well as the remotes . I would suggest doing a proper load test on the battery with a carbon pile tester not one of those hand held quick testers as they can be fooled.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

So test the battery first and I will check back to see your results and if necessary continue assisting you.