Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a Toyota Camry Hybrid 2010 model, but i always get…

Customer Question
I have a Toyota...

I have a Toyota Camry Hybrid 2010 model, but i always get Check Hybrid system, i took the car to many technician but the problem is not yet fixed. Please is there any solution to the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to so many mechanic but the problem is not yet fixed

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/17/2018
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The hybrid warning light can come on for dozens of reasons and it will require some testing to determine what is going on. The light will come on for a failure in any hybrid component including the inverter, transmission, battery, cables, control modules; the light has come on because a failure has been seen in a monitored hybrid powertrain component and fault codes have set.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there based on the findings. This is something you'd want to see a dealer for rather than an independent shop, which aren't likely to have the training and equipment necessary to diagnose hybrid powertrain issues.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!