Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need to know how to set timing on a 95 Toyota Terrel

....
I need to know how to set timing on a 95 Toyota Terrel .
3/16/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you looking to adjust the distributor timing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm at the timing belt and we can't find marks on the block to check timing. Can you tell me if the crankshaft key is supposed to be straight up at top dead center
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No distributor on this car. Do you want vin number?

So are you trying to set the timing belt alignment?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess. I'm thinking this vehicle jumped time based on what it's doing. I'm looking at the crankshaft pulley and Cam pulley. The camshaft has a 5e and 4e mark on it. Need to know where that is supposed to be.

Okay thank you for that clarification, See the diagram in the link below for the timing marks , for cam timing you need to use the 5E. See the diagram below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yoebb75hd2a1cqt/timing%20marks%20Mar%2016.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Phone call session started
Ron, ASE Certified Technician