Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Not sure what to do. Bought neighbors 95 Toyota 4Runner that…

Customer Question
Not sure what to...

Not sure what to do. Bought neighbors 95 Toyota 4Runner that day for 3 years because the engine 3.0L blew up. The shape of it was very nice inside and out. Of course the paint on top faded also on hood because insulation was gone. Bought it for 1000 bucks. At 169000 miles I had a ATK 3.0 L 6 cyl long block installed 8/8/12 with mileage 161941. Other parts replaced were the Radiator, fuel pump, fuel injectors, fuel filter, fuel strainer replaced, water pump, thermostat, hoses, belts, heater hose, Non approved California catalytic converter replaced, Yokohama Geolander “factory reccomended” tires new from Factory, from Discount Tire due to flat spots on the old ones with certs for free replacement should one or more not repairable, flat spots was due to being parked for 4 years +?. Front brakes replaced and rotors resurfaced and seals replaced, fuel regulator, BG transmission flush, temperature sensor replaced, differential serviced @ 169320, BG brake system flush @ 165660, All shocks replaced front and back with KYB brand, all windows tinted. It became a necessity to park my 4Runner to be primary care giver to my Mother. Stopped driving it and used hers. I was going to sell it but wanted to keep new Pioneer App 3 Radio and infinity speakers and Cobra alarm and remote start. Now I am unsure what wires to hook up to start up. Wiring diagram is useless for me. Would like to get it running so I can sell it. This 4Runner is in very good shape do it would be a shame to junk it. If I had a young mans back I would part it out and get close to what I have invested. These vehicles are so hard to find in junk yards because alll have been parted . If you think you can help me get it running would be great.

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?

R. Craig Ferguson

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes Toyota dealers don’t work on these old vehicles anymore

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 3 days by:
3/20/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

They don't ? Hell we work on older one's then that up here. Seeing you have all that stuff in the vehicle and you want to kep it , start there and carefully remove them to restore everything back to stock.

The next thing is we have to make sure that ECU is compatible with that engine's inputs.if the original was a 3.0 what is the new one?

My reply is now that the AM Stereo, AM Alarm System, and AM Remotre Engine Start
all has been removed, I am unsure what color original wires need to be hooked to the ignition system.If you don’t have s electrical schematic you will be in the same game I’m in. “Guess”

No problem if you need a wiring diagram I have access to our shop manuals to do so. These are not generic ones but original Toyota ones . So if you wish me to send them off to you I will need you to accept a service for more Q&A time for me to do so.