Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just started making a high pitched no ice last night and the…

Customer Question
Just started making a...

Just started making a high pitched no ice last night and the battery light came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

No it was late was going to do that this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2005 Rav4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I was going to take it to a shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Steering wheel makes noise when I turn

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
3/16/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Robert, UK Qualified Car Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Mechanic

Hi..there..

Sounds like your Alternator is either starting or has seized up causing the belt to slip ie: high pitched noise..this of course will have impact on the steering peformance too.pump run off the same belt...so of course if you taking this to a shop..then obviously the belt condition and tension first..then an inspection of the alternator and charging performance.before anything is replaced..hope this helps

Robert
Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Mechanic