Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm in the middle of a trip to Los Vegas and my Toyota

Customer Question
I'm in the middle...

I'm in the middle of a trip to Los Vegas and my Toyota Sienna's check engine light started flashing, followed by the VSC, and then TRACK OFF appeared. Then the van became sluggish. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It was blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sienna?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Now the light is just staying. I'm kind of stranded, so if I can do something I will, but I kind of flying blind.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/16/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

A flashing check engine light means the PCM has detected a misfire is occurring. The vehicle stability control and traction lights those are ABS system controlled and often point to a wheel speed sensor reading incorrect. A jerking engine from a misfire can cause those other concerns. You need a diagnostic tool connected to see which codes are stored. Driving on is kind of sketchy. A misfire not addressed can cause damage to the catalytic converters.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris