Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My license plate lights and 3rd brake light are out, could…

Customer Question
My license plate lights...

My license plate lights and 3rd brake light are out, could this be a fuse issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Just had my rear brakes fixed. My tail light brakes work fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

And they did a flush 2007 tundra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

For this i have looked at fuses, but may have missed one. the brakes i took in to a mechanic

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/15/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 4 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

I don't think it's a fuse issue, all brake lights are on the same fuse and the license light is on the same fuse as the tail lights. Have you checked the bulbs for the non working lights?

tried to get the brake light out, but was unsuccessful, haven't checked the plate lights yet. thought they may have been on the same circuit

T​he center brake light cover should have two phillips screws to remove, let me know about the bulbs and if you have a test light or voltmeter to check for voltage to the lights if necessary.

I dont have anything to test with. will go check

Ok,

plate lights are out, and trying to get the brake light out to check it, but it looks like it might be

Let me see if I can find some illustration that may help

After removing the two screws the lens can be pulled off to get the bulbs out.

yep, need new bulbs, thank you for the help. was thinking fuse issue all along since they went out at the same time

You're welcome and please take a minute to leave a positive rating for me so I get credit for answering. Thanks.