Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2009 sienna van front right wheel bearing needs replaced.

2009 sienna van front...

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Can I purchase a bearing and hub assembly to replace it without the pressing of the bearing myself ? just remove old and bolt on new?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'd like to do the work myself but have no press and hope to do it without requiring an alignment after

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope thanks

3/14/2018
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Unfortunately you cannot do a front wheel bearing on this particular van without having a bearing press to press the bearing and hub assembly together and out of the steering knuckle. You also need to do an alignment because the steering knuckle attaches to the strut which will change the alignment once you remove the assembly from the vehicle to press the bearing in. If you need any other detailed information about this repair feel free to reply and I will get back to you otherwise if you have not done so please do not forget to rate the information I have provided to you today at 3 or higher and a 5 would be awesome. Thank you
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician