Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It gave me a consumption warning and my car stopped, 2005…

It gave me a...

It gave me a consumption warning and my car stopped

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2005 Toyota Prius

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m stopped roadside

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Want to know what’s going on. I notice my battery is low and it isnt charging

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

I had it changed ged once 5 years ago. Mo I haven’t teated Tested

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

If you cycle the start button will it ready on and start charging the battery? Do you have any tools or the code reader in your car?

Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
My lcd is blank. I do not have tools
Phone call session started
I am waiting for your call
Are you still there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KXjW-QmI0

In the video he's showing you how to push down on the lock tab it is on the bottom side of that connector it's a little stiff to push and then once the lock tab is released it will remove from the connector.

Thank yo I’ll look at it

Ok let me know how it goes.

I don’t have a screw driver. Should I call my roadside assistance to help me?

yes

The LCD is on. Did not remedy the problem. Still showing red warning light. Have to wait 3 hours to call roadside assistance again. Shop does not open until 7am. Have to preserve my phone. Low battery. Need phone to call assistance again.

Ok let me know once you get to the dealer and they run a complete health check of the systems.