Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Wife has 2002 sienna xle and the drivers side sliding door

Customer Question

wife has 2002 sienna xle and the drivers side sliding door cable became disengaged or whatever blows up when it comes loose, she took it to a local yokel to repair, and he just cut the cable to clear it from the door???? now I have to get it fixed for her, Can you buy the cable alone for that older model, or the entire assembly.
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, not at this time, just trying to get a handle on what is required as far as parts to do the job
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: maybe the correct part number to get for a repair kit, if availiable
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 months ago.

Do you have the vehicle identification number so I can check the parts availability?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
not here, but i can get it in a min. or so.

That's fine I'll be online for a while this evening just post the number back here and I will get you the information you need.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't read the number, i'll have to take it to a dealer, thanks anyway

If you don't have the vehicle identification number I can give you a ballpark on what you're going to need I just thought you wanted more specific part numbers to deal with the mechanic. Let me know how you like to proceed.