Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need help reconecting the camshafts sensor on a 2014

Customer Question
toyota tundra 5.7 l .passenger...
i need help reconecting the camshafts sensor on a 2014 toyota tundra 5.7 l .passenger side
cable come out after a spark plug replacement service. i have a new one but wiring color are diferent
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/13/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Can you post a picture of the connector wire that you are referring to up close and then from a distance I can get a sense as to what's going on?

can you see any of the pictures??

No I don't see anything try posting them to a third-party server like photo bucket or something and post the link here. Some formats don't work. I have to step out for about 45 minutes I'll be back on this evening with more information once you post the pictures.

now
but we are basicly talking about the camshaft position sensor conector and i just need the position of each color to the new plug
Okay I understand now I see the connector you need the three color code wires in the positions in the connector not a problem I just need to know is it for the intake camshaft or the exhaust camshaft sensor?
It is at the passenger side of the engine

I understand it's on the passenger side of the engine but there are two cam sensors can you take a picture of the sensor and post it. I can tell by the location of the sensor whether it's a intake cam or exhaust cam sensor provided a not too close to the sensor and I see the layout of the cam cover. There is an intake cam sensor and an exhaust cam sensor for each bank. A total of four camshaft position sensors. Or if you have the color coding of the three wires for example red with a black tracer or just red or just black or white with a black tracer so on.