Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I’m getting a lot of messages from my car. 12V power low,

Customer Question
I’m getting a lot...

I’m getting a lot of messages from my car. 12V power low, and car needs service

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2016 model S

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am on a trip 200 miles from home

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/12/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This will occur when there is a fault with the 12 volt power system.This can be the 12 volt vehicle battery at fault or battery cables or connections at fault or the charging system not being able to help the battery maintain 12 volts.This causes other messages to occur like the car needs serviced message.

What needs to be done is to have the fault codes checked.This has to be done with a fully compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicles data port that can communicate with all computers in your model.Once this is done there will be at least one code set that will need diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this issue here.

I recommend having this done as soon as possible as losing 12 volt power can eventually cause the engine to stall out leaving you stranded.A repair facility that works on the Toyota model vehicles or a dealer is the best option.

I suspect a 12 volt battery fault or charge issue needing repaired/replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete