Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My son has 97 Camry he tried prying a stuck oil filter now…

My son has 97...

My son has 97 Camry he tried prying a stuck oil filter now the new filter won't seat because of damage to area. Is there a way to Chang the part the filter seats up to? It looks as if there may be but just wanna make sure I know what I'm up against. (Son not a mechanic and just turn 21 trying to b self sufficient) pls help

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Before this one it was a year he just bought the car used and the sticker in the window indicates a year and about 12000 miles ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to know if I can replace the part that the oil filter screws into or onto

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

4 or 6 cylinders?

4

thank you

If possible I could send picture

dont need one, you can replace the oil filter housing

What do I have to do?

drain the oil, remove the filter, there should be 4 bolts that hold it on

That's not what I see. I see 2 hoses going into housing and 1 lol ear looking thing w with nut/bolt
Also large nut where filter threads are
the big nut has to come off?

yes sir

hows it going?

Changed the filter housing and all is good.. may need advice on changing reaer shocks soon

very glad to hear that and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you