Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We have a 2002 Prius with 197,000 miles on it. This

Hi. We have a 2002...
Hi. We have a 2002 Prius with 197,000 miles on it. This afternoon the check engine light came on. I went to the Unocal where my friend put the scanner on it and it generated a code of PC0300. There also seems to be some older codes in the car computer. Took pictures of all of the codes and details. Does anyone know what this means and what to do about it and maybe the cost? Thank you very much.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi. Also there are now additional codes from Pep Boys 300 301 303 304 440 441 446. Wondering if maybe one small thing is setting off a lot of codes. If the codes are right. Very interested to know your expert opinion. Thank you very much.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

How many miles on this engine .

When was the last engine tune up done .

There is one small think that could cause the misfire codes and that would be a vacuum leak .

you need to do a good visual check of the engine compartment and look for a vacuum hose that may of come lose or is damaged .

Then check all vacuum lins from the fuel tank to the engine ,here a good smoke test would show you in a much quiker time to find the vacuum leak which is the codes P0401,P0440 ,P0406...

Normally for you to have misfire codes like you do then the vacuum leak will be at the engine manifold to the EVAP VSV

after the valve to the Tank would not be the problem for the misfiring .

If all vacuums are good and no leaks are found do a tune up first .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg, Technician
Greg
Greg
Greg, Technician