Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to replace the timing belt on a sienna van. Changed…

Trying to replace the...

Trying to replace the timing belt on a sienna van

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

Changed once and the vehicle now has 200K

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sienna?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've put in the new belt w/o turning over the engine. Will not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The alldata says to have the crank timing mark facing up but it lines up with a bolt on component at around 4 o"clock ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
See photo. With the #1 cylinder at TDC the crankshaft timing ***** *****nes up with the little bolt on device on the clock at 4 o'clock. Alldata says the mark to align the crank pulley should be at the 12 o'clock position. Which is correct? When the #1 piston is at TDC on its compression stroke the small alignment mark on the crank pulley is at 4, not 1 o'clock.
3/11/2018
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Certianly.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Those or the same Alldata pictures I pulled up. When ! 1 is at TDC the cam alignment ***** *****nes up with the little bolt on component shown in the photo.
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
meant to say #1 cylinder is at TDC
roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest