Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The splash guard under the engine is missing several

The splash guard under...

The splash guard under the engine is missing several fasteners. They are different sizes/types and I can't seem to find a listing for which ones to get.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

2002 camry

3/11/2018
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

the plastic guards under the engine and in the wheel arches are secured with a plastic bayonet type of pin that pops into the hole and then you push the centre in to expand

they are very forgiving of the hole size and typically come in 6,8 and 10mm hole sizes

so its a case of measuring up the holes where you have them and using the correct size pins

the pins are very cheap and can be bought on Ebay and amazon for a few dollars

https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Clips/b?ie=UTF8&node=15709311

you can even buy a kit that covers all types and sizes for just $25

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KXQXL7/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_b13uhz_c_x_4_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=R042Q815VNTG6Q7XJP9Y&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=b3ee257b-0b42-589a-8c4a-01cd47814640&pf_rd_i=15709311

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** seem to have threads in them. Are any of them bolts instead of the push in style?

OK

yes if the panel leading edge has threads then they should either be an M6 x 1.0 thread or a M8 x 1.25

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Matt, Mechanical Engineer