Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Want start and I lost my alarm. Red light is on. 05 tundra.

Want start and I...

Want start and I lost my alarm

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes.red light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

05 tundra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.holding red button down

3/11/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Ok, one of the 2 methods below should disarm it and allow it to start

Ok, open driver door and lock doors by door switch and shut the door. Now, within 5 seconds, unlock and lock the door 5 times and then try to crank.

If no go, open and leave open the driver door. Place key in ignition and turn to on position and leave. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 1 minute. Reconnect. Light should go off within 1 minute. Now turn key off for 5 seconds and then crank

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Thanks it worked

you are welcome

Very great job

thanks

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager