Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Serpentine belt broke while driving. 129,000. 2009 Corolla.

Customer Question
Serpentine belt broke while...

Serpentine belt broke while driving

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car?

129,000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2009 Corolla

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am just removed the broken one seemed to of had gotten stuck by the pulley

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just pricing I'm doing my best for diy no income at the moment. Please

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
3/10/2018
Toyota Mechanic: carguy1, auto technician replied 1 month ago
carguy1
carguy1, auto technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

What can I do to help? Sorry, I am just not sure what you need from me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My serpentine belt on my 2009 Corolla broke I'm trying to replace it my self.

Ok, can you tell me what size engine you have in the car please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1.8L

Thanks, ***** ***** me a moment to get the info for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Appreciate it Very Much

Okay, HERE is a link to the removal of the belt. This also shows how the belt should be routed on the engine. To install you will route the belt around the pulley's and then use the adjuster screw to tighten the alternator.

Let me know if you need more info.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help here?

carguy1
carguy1
carguy1, auto technician