Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ran out of gas and even with 4 gallons in it will not

Customer Question
Ran out of gas...

Ran out of gas and even with 4 gallons in it will not restart

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Will not start at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Restarting it several times added 4 gallons to the tank

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dealership said it has to be towed. Is there a way to reset it while on the side of the ride?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/10/2018
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

2009 Toyota what? and size of engine please

2009 Prius

when you try to start it can you hear the fuel pump running?

It is a hybrid. Says add gas even though I have added 5 gallons. Never tries to turn over and does not go into drive or reverse just sits in neutral
Never mind this is taking too long. I will call a tow truck

ok