Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The VSC, and Engine Check Light has come on. This is a 2007…

Customer Question
The VSC, and Engine...

The VSC, and Engine Check Light has come on. This is a 2007 Toyota Camry XLE, with a V-6 3.5l engine. I do not see a TRAC off button, or any button on my dash that relates to the VSC.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have disconnected the battery, and I have taken out the VSC01, and VSC02 fuses to discharge. After two "monitoring Trips" it came back on. :-(

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have checked for loose connections, etc. And thought I might bleed the brakes. I guess that is it, Pearl. My OBS2 scanner is apparently too old for this car. Also, this care has had very good regular maintenance, but it has 226,000 miles (+-) on the original struts.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
3/10/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 month ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

The VSC and Trac lights will turn on whenever the check engine light turns on, this is by design and those systems are disabled as long as the check engine light is on so the first thing to do is to check for codes in the engine control system, your code reader should be able to do this, please try to get codes from the ECM and let me know what they are and I can continue from there.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician