Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to find the ecu on a 2001 tundra. Trying to program a…

Customer Question
Trying to find the...

Trying to find the ecu on a 2001 tundra

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota Tundra. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Trying to program a couple of new fobs

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
3/10/2018
Toyota Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 month ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi Roy, i see the picture, which on do I use to program a new fob
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi Roy, I see the picture, which one do I use to program a new fob?

let me check

are you trying to program new keys??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
two new fobs

let me check

there is a guide for programming but the thing is you need a toyota factory scan tool to program the fobs. I imagine a shop with an advanced scan tool could do it as well and also a locksmith who could do it for you as they pay for the access to the manufactures to perform this.

Roy

ELECTRICAL
EL010-07
REVISED

Title:
WIRELESS TRANSMITTER &
PROGRAMMING GUIDE

Models:
'90 - '08 Applicable Toyota

November 9, 2007

TSB REVISION NOTICE:

^ November 10, 2007: A TSB reference has been updated in the Programming column of the Application Chart.

Previous versions of this TSB should be discarded.

TSB UPDATE NOTICE:
The information contained in this TSB supersedes TSB No. EL008-02. TSB No. EL008-02 is now obsolete and should be discarded.

Introduction

Difficulties during Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Transmitter Programming can arise due to confusion between Toyota Factory Wireless systems and Toyota Port/Dealer installed systems. This bulletin will assist in identifying the system/correct remote transmitters for each vehicle, and provide the location of the most accurate programming procedure for each system.

Applicable Vehicles

^ 1990 - 2008 model year applicable Toyota vehicles.

<div class="no-zoom-container ng-scope" "="" ng-click="vm.repairService.goToADConnectURL(vm.repairService.repairObject.url + '/image_article/0/')" style="box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; position: relative; font-family: app; speak: none; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; line-height: 1; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 10px 25px; font-size: 14px;">

Warranty Information

System Identification

The Application Chart contains all of the necessary information to correctly identify the type of system installed, and where to go to get programming procedures for each vehicle.

Should a vehicle having both VIP and Factory systems available (as identified in the Application Chart) be brought in without any remotes (or one non-working remote), use the following tips to help determine which type of wireless system (O.E. or PIO/DIO) the vehicle has.

^ Look at the Trim Level of the vehicle. Higher-grade vehicles will tend to have O.E. systems, while entry-grade vehicles will tend to have VIR For example, the 2001 Camry XLE has Factory WRKE, but the LE and CE grades have VIR

^ Look for a "Status Monitor" with a glass breakage sensor and an LED externally installed into the dashboard or on the center console. Most VIP systems will have this.

^ Locate the ECU (refer to the applicable vehicle VIP Manual installation instructions for location). Once located, refer to the part label.

^ Attempt to perform the factory wireless programming procedure to get a response from the vehicle. Select the "confirmation mode" and see if any "Lock/Unlock" response is received, if so, the vehicle has a factory system.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
never mind Roy, I found what I needed from a different web site. Can I get my $5 back

you can contact customer service

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just as helpful as before, how do I contact customer service?

there should be a tab you can click. I do not handle money that is between you and the site. we only get paid when you accept our answers

Roy

Roy

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest