Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My mom put the door key in the ignition and it doesn’t have…

Customer Question
My mom put the...

My mom put the door key in the ignition and it doesn’t have the chip but the key to start it does now it won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No the battery is hooked up to cables it wants to start it just won’t

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2003 Toyota solara

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Solara yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yea and my friend disconnected the ignition and I’ve put gas in it lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Idk

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
3/10/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Canuck Tech, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Mechanic

Wait half an hour, and try the correct key. The Solara thinks you just tried to steal it.

Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Mechanic