Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Sequoia, 4WD. I changed the vehicle battery…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Sequoia, 4WD. I changed the vehicle battery and now I can't start the vehicle. It just turns over but doesn't start. It seems like it is not "unlocking from the security". Also when I turn the key to start the gauges are not moving, like the fuel gauge etc. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes almost 1 year ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not fixing it myself. I just changed the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/10/2018
Toyota Mechanic: I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
I. Silva
I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician
Hello there, welcome and thank you for using justanswer.
Did you any anything on when you replaced the battery ?
As the first thing check all the fuses inside the vehicle and in the engine bay with key on.
Let me know.
Thank you.