Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Radio is not working. Avalon 2001. I only checked all the…

Customer Question
Radio is not working ...

Radio is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

Avalon 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

I only checked all the fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/10/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

When you checked the radio fuses did you check it for power?

No.

ok do that and let me know what you get

Well, just checked and everything seems normal in the power department ...

ok pull the radio and check blue/yellow and white for power and brown for ground, and let me know what you get

Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago

hows it coming?