Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We have a 2009 Toyota Yaris that has some body damage on the…

Hi. We have a 2009...
Hi. We have a 2009 Toyota Yaris that has some body damage on the right-hand side from scrapes with a post and related. Does anyone know the going rates in Los Angeles to have this repaired? The side is pushed in slightly in some places but it’s mainly scrapes in the paint. This is mainly the right door and the panel behind that. Behind means toward the back of the car. Thank you very much.
3/10/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So that could be anywhere from 50-200 and hour, the best way is to just go get a quote from a shop that has good reviews or that someone recommends. The quote should be free and you can go to several shops for that

Thanks. I know it’s difficult to tell based on this much information but could you give us some estimates as to how many hours it would take to do this and maybe even what the steps would be? Thank you.

sure can, can you send some pictures of the damage?

will do.

hows it coming?

that should be about 1500 in repairs to get it back right, you could get a dent guy to come work it out that would be less and you might be able to buff out the scratches, but to get it back 100% would be a full panel reworking sand bondo and paint

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you very much for your feedback and advice. Much appreciated.

Your very welcome! Thanks for the great rating! Feel free to add me to your favorites for any assistance in the future