Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My tundra's check engine light came on (not flashing) and it…

My tundra's check engine...

My tundra's check engine light came on (not flashing) and it says traction control off, it's also a steady 3000 rpm at 60 mph, which seems high to me. it is definitely consuming more gas now too

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Tundra?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
carguy1
carguy1, auto technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This sounds like a possible shifting issue. What you really need to do here is have the check engine light checked for codes. Most of the parts stores will do this for you free of charge. There are over 500 reasons for that light to come on, and most of the time when it comes on it turns on the traction control. If it's possible for you to have a parts store check the codes, then post them here with me, I can provide a much more detailed answer for you.

Since you are seeing worse fuel mileage and it seems to be running high rpms for the speed I do think it's a possible shift solenoid issue, just no way to be 100% sure without the code so we know where to start.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

carguy1
carguy1, auto technician