Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 Scion XB has combination meter oil amp battery

flickering and no power anywhere...
2006 Scion XB has combination meter oil amp battery flickering and no power anywhere. No horn, lights etc. does not crank. AM2 fuse is good. Ignition switch and ECU replaced. No change. Connecting analyzer has everything work and no error codes. Remove analyzer and symptoms return. What is the root cause?
3/8/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

you are missing power on the ecu or ground ,that is what is happening the scanner is completing the circuit when hooked up

now on the DLC connector , pin it out ,do we have power on any of the pin ,one should be battery voltage ?

was that used ecu ? how did you program it

do you have capable scanner

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It wenT to a dealer and they did not fix it. Both original and replaced ECU exhibited the same problem. I can check DLC pin outs for voltage. The error has gone away and since writing to you. This is what has happened before. Drive it for a day and then the battery is dead and the flashing dash lights are there when the battery is charged. Tell me how to isolate power or ground to ECU and I’ll do it.

This is the ECM pin out ,click on link to view , the first 6 pins on that table

match E connector with pin # and see if we have power on it

this ecm has no ground, so we not going to worry about it ,lets look for power

Labeled

power of source for ecm

Batt voltage

efi relay

ign switch

ECM Connector E3 ,Pin #3 ,this should have voltage at all times key off or on or out does it ?

Now this here will take some back and forth , unfortunately no one word answer hope u understand

Chad Farhat
Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician
Phone call session started
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat