Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Toyota Tundra. My 7.5 fuse. Acc 7.5 fuse keeps…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** have a 2014 Toyota Tundra. My 7.5 fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Acc 7.5 fuse keeps blowing when I replace it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I pulled the radio and disconnect and reconnect it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My power side mirrors are not working either

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
3/6/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Do you have a voltmeter and a knowledge of how to use it? Do you have a wiring diagram available? This is going to get quite involved to find out which part of the circuit is causing the fuse to blow. Or are you just looking for general information as to what could be going on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a multimeter.

Any recent service history or anything in particular that you did do this prior to the fuse blowing? This 7.5 amp fuse feeds a lot of stuff.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was installing an automatic car starter. And then I disconnected it thinking that it was the problem.

You are 100% certain that everything work normally up until the remote starter installation? Did you get everything removed and the wiring harness and pins back to the non-installation point?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Everything was working. Yes I removed everything. Everything is back the way it was.

Unfortunately this is not something that I'm going to be able to get into at this time given the complexity of the potential problems. I will opt out perhaps other experts will have time to handle this question.

Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Are you still in need of assistance?

this is obviously a dead short in that system I have used a tool called a short detector which is in expensive and easy to use saving precious time, I can send you a pic of this and how to use it along with the wiring diagram for that circuit if you wish

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician