Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 95 old cierra ---- all of the lights went off --- where…

My 95 old cierra...

My 95 old cierra ---- all of the lights went off --- where are the ignition fuses located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

No fuses in the car are blown might be one of the 2 ignition fuses under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Reaserching it now--- car still runs, but no lights, brake lights, turn signal, dome light, automatic door lock, or radio

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No fuses inthe fuse block are blown

3/4/2018
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, did you check for power at the fuses with a voltmeter or test light??

I will look for a diagram

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no but the power windows work asdo the winshiled wipers no lights, door locks , brake light, headlight, dome light, turn signals or radio

I attached a diagram for you to view. there are 2 fuses. check them for power with the key on. you will need a test light or voltmeter. it sounds like you have a power supply issue.

Roy

any update??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, Roy but I can't even read these the print is to small

download to your computer then you can enlarge the diagrams

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried that
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you familer with this type of olds?

sure am, remember when they were new

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok I cant read the diagrams---- is there a seperate fuse under the hood for both the ecm and bcm?

they are in both the fuse boxes.

use a test light or voltmeter and check all the fuses for power on both sides with the key on.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know there is a fuse box in the glove carmpartment---- is there another one?

there is tht one and a convienence center just to the left as well. it contains relays. nothing under the hood

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry I don't see that--- there are all kinds of relays under the hood for like the fuel pump etc

got to start with power first. fuses need to be checked for voltage on both sides, the have to go to the turn signal and headlight switches to verify inputs and outputs

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thats why I think the issue has to be before the fuse box

te fuses are for the headlight switch which operated the headlights and other lights.

thats why we start at fuses. did you check for power at the fuses???

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest