Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2010 Prius IV (model 1227) and I would like to know…

I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Prius IV (model 1227) and I would like to know if I can change my headlights to the LED headlights that equip the Prius V? I imagin that I would have to change both COMPLETE headlights and of course not just the bubs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

My headlights work perfectly I just would like to Upgrade to LED

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I just want to know if it would be possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I would probably take the car to the Toyota dealer where I always go.

3/2/2018
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an Automotive Technician for over 15 years, and currently working at a Toyota dealership.

I will look into if this is possible for you to do. Also are you aware that you would have to purchase the entire headlight assemblies?

as I said before I imagine that I would need to buy two complete kits and that is expensive but I still would like to know if it will be possible. Thanks
I won't call you tonight as it's almost 10pm here and I don't know where you are so just repond via email please.

thats ok, the phone call request is an automated message.

Also from what I can see from the 2010 Prius headlight wiring diagram you can just replace the headlight assemblies with the LED headlights.

Because the ballast, bulb, and all LED components are in the headlight assemblies and the wiring is all the same for both headlights and assemblies you will not have to rewire anything either. they will just plug in and work with your Prius.

nelson freitas
Thank you.Now that I know it is possible, all I have to decide is whether I want to spend all that money to change to LED headlights.
Thanks for your help.

not a problem, If you could please rate my services today that would be great.

Thanks,

Nelson