Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 camry xle v6 3.5 started car up one morning started…

2007 camry xle v6 3.5...
2007 camry xle v6 3.5 started car up one morning started driving suddenly vsc and all lights came on check engine ect. Took it got it scanned it all it said was all cyls are missfireing all 6! My buddy says he thinks its the fule pump im not sure about that...
2/15/2018
carguy1
carguy1, auto technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

How many miles do you have on the car?

190000 give or take

Ok, are you getting a P0300 code or a code for each individual cylinder?

For example, P0301, 302 and so on?

No it just said all missfire? he said there where no codes

Interesting there should be a code stored if the check engine light is on.

I would start by checking the fuel pressure, but it could also be the result of a bad mass air flow sensor. If you can feel the misfire at idle, the try unplugging the maf sensor and start the car. If the idle smooths out, then you know there is a problem with the maf sensor. If not, then I would check the fuel pressure. With the number of miles on the car it is possible there is a problem with the fuel pump.

Since the spark plugs look good I would not worry about them just yet.

You should also check for vacuum leaks if you feel the misfires at idle. With the engine running, spray some carb cleaner along the intake manifold and if the idle smooths out, or the speed increases that could indicate an issue with a leak.

The other lights are on as a result of the check engine light being on, so once that's resolved the rest should go out.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me.

Thank you so much!

Ok i how do i get back to you agyer i do this

You should be getting emails with links back to this post. Just click a link and I will reply as soon as possible.

Hello again, I was wondering how you made out with this?

It was what we originally thought lol the fule pump . Also had code PO356 OR PO356F for coil 6...so i think its all good gone finish it tomorrow
It was what we originally thought lol the fule pump . Also had code PO356 OR PO356F for coil 6...so i think its all good gone finish it tomorrow how much was this?
How much will this cost?

Looks like the total for the consultation will be about $22.

I don't get paid until you rate my answer, the site holds your payment in your account. I am not an owner or admin of the site, just an expert trying to help.

Ok

So I thought I would check and see how this is turning out?

carguy1
carguy1, auto technician
carguy1
carguy1
carguy1, auto technician