Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Why after spark plug change out did I immediately get the…

Why after spark plug change...
Why after spark plug change out did I immediately get the 1135 & 1155 sensor malfunction codes? Could I ave crimped a wire? It’s on a 2002Avalon.
2/12/2018
Pete, Mechanic

The codes are for the oxygen sensor heater circuits. The ground wires for the sensors are on the intake manifold at the back of the manifold by the fire wall. Check to make sure they are in place and the connections are clean and tight.

No codes before tune up. Is it possible they could both go out at same time

No it is highly unlikely. I had the same problem on the same year car last year. Another shop did a major tune up and when they put the manifold back on they broke the ground wires in the harness. I then had to run a new ground wire to the ecm to fix it.

Do I need to pull the manifold again to access the wires.

No you should be able to see them at the back of the manifold toward the passenger side. I don"t have a wiring diagram here at the moment but I thinK that car might have a fuse for the oxy sensor heaters in the under hood fuse box. So check that also.

The ground wire might be on or near the metal bracket at the back of the manifold.

I’ll look tomorrow. Thanks

Ok

Pete, Mechanic
Pete, Mechanic