Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The passenger window goes down but not back up. Tundra 2003.

The passenger window goes...

The passenger window goes down but not back up.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

Tundra 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far. Just trying to diagnose the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

2/12/2018
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. After the window goes down, will it raise back up after being left alone for 30-40 minutes?

Haven’t tried...

If the window goes back up after 30-40 minutes, the window track may be exceptionally dirty (clean it with 100% silicone spray. If the problem continues, I suspect that the positive temperature coefficient thermister that is built into the window motor is faulty. That fancy term is what stops the motor form raising if something gets int the way of the glass when it raises; it is a safety feature. If the window does not raise at all, I suspect a faulty driver door master window switch issue on the passenger side switch.

I’ll check the window in a few to see if it goes back up. Thank you for the info!

You are very welcome. Glad to help!

Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert