Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Need to replace the wiper transmission, 2006 Tacoma the

Need to replace the...

Need to replace the wiper transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

2006 Tacoma the bushing separated on the passenger side. I have a new transmission already. not sure of easiest way to disconnect and reconnect transmission to motor

1/20/2018
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Use a socket that clears the stud and area around it to press over the stud with a pair of channel lock pliers. It should snap into place. Alternatly if the motor link is on the linkage remove the nut from the old link on the motor and install the new transmission to the motor in exactly the same position the old link was attached to the motor.

Let me know what I can do to help

Thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
alright, it took a while it's a 12 mm bolt and I can get a short socket on it but it faces down and I can't get channel locks in there. I got a open wrench on it but it doesn't want to turn. how hard can I pull?

On the motor? To remove the linkage?

I don't know how to tell you how hard???

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
How does the motor come out if I wanted pull the whole assembly

Did you see the procedure I posted above?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Sorry I can't open the Dropbox file on my phone
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Never mind. I got it

The procedure has the diagrams showing how to remove the cowl and the torx and 10mm bolts for the transmission.

George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician