Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 02 avalon power side mirrors dont work checked fuses,

Customer Question
My 02 avalon power...

My 02 avalon power side mirrors dont work checked fuses, they are ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Toyota Mechanic: carguy1, auto technician replied 7 months ago
carguy1
carguy1, auto technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Do you have a test light or volt meter?

Ok, since the fuses are good, what you will want to do is pull the switch and check for power on the green wire. If there is power, then the switch is the problem. If there isn't power, then the wiring is the likely issue. Check for a break in the green wire which would most likely be in the harness where it comes out of the body and into the door.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me.
Thank you so much!

Hey, just thought I would check in with you and see if you need any more assistance with this?

Which fuses go to the side mirrors, I was checking the wrong ones

I am showing a small 5 amp fuse labeled ECU-ACC. The wiring diagram doesn't tell me which fuse box it's in though. I would start with the interior box.

Ok the fuse is good. I’m not getting 12 volts at the control switch. Also the trunk switch doesn’t work. No 12 volts there either

Is the trunk switch also on the door like the mirror switch?

The trunk switch is next to the side mirror switch, both on the dash to the left of the steering wheel under the air outlet
What I’m thinking is the 12 volts goes through the control switch to operate the mirrors. Is there a fuse or relay under the hood that sends the 12 volts to the control switch?

Check the door fuse #2 located in the fuse box under the hood.

WE also have Door #1 and ECUIGN in the fuse box inside the car.

If you have power on the fuse for the mirror switch, then it should have power. Any fuse that would be feeding that fuse is good. That 5 amp fuse is direct power for the mirror switch.

The switch for the truck release operates differently with signals from the body ecu. The three fuses I have listed however do feed power to the body ecu and are part of the wiring circuit.

If you dont have 12 volts on the green wire for the mirror switch, then that wire is broken someplace. You could likely just grab 12 volts from another power source to solve that.

Toyota Mechanic: carguy1, auto technician replied 6 months ago

Do you need more help with this?