Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My ABS, VCS off & VCS trac lights are all on. I just had my…

Customer Question
My ABS, VCS off...

My ABS, VCS off & VCS trac lights are all on. I just had my oxygen sensors replaced in October 2017. The pulled codes read c1241, c1203, c1228

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Brake system light is ON too

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Toyota?

It's a 2001 SR5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's actually my in-laws vehicle. I'm looking to purchase it. I haven't tried anything at this point.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
1/20/2018
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

tacoma or tundra and 6 or 8 cylinder?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sequoia 8 cylinder

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sequoia 8 cylinder
2001

please standby

very first thing to do is to check the level of the brake fluid

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sequoia 8 cylinder
2001
Ok. Looks like it is a little below the "MAX" line

fill it up to the max line. watch it as it may go down then put more in it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sequoia 8 cylinder
2001
I will have to purchase some brake fluid. I don't have any on hand.

OK, thats fine. I just want to make sure its full because alot of times low fluid causes these codes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sequoia 8 cylinder
2001
Is there a way for us to break from this session so I can go to the auto shop and buy some? And then re-engage in our conversation?

absolutely. Ill be right here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sequoia 8 cylinder
2001
OK. I'll be back in about 30 min.

ok,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sequoia 8 cylinder
2001
OK. I'll be back in about 30 min.
I'm back. I did put some brake fluid in to the "Max" line. It had no effect on the Brake light or ABS light. I did engage the parking brake. I had very little "holding" power. Not sure if that could have something to do with the Brake light being/staying on.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sequoia 8 cylinder
2001
OK. I'll be back in about 30 min.
Anybody there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any body there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess this is a scam. No one answers my communication. I just get an offer to pay $26 for a PHONE CALL to my "Toyota Mechanic". Total ripoff. I was hoping this was the real deal, but guess not!

im here and this is no scam. I had to run out for a bit

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess this is a scam. No one answers my communication. I just get an offer to pay $26 for a PHONE CALL to my "Toyota Mechanic". Total ripoff. I was hoping this was the real deal, but guess not!I appreciate you responding. Sorry if I was rude, but these days you just never know. As I mentioned, I put brake fluid in, but no change in any of the lights.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess this is a scam. No one answers my communication. I just get an offer to pay $26 for a PHONE CALL to my "Toyota Mechanic". Total ripoff. I was hoping this was the real deal, but guess not!I appreciate you responding. Sorry if I was rude, but these days you just never know. As I mentioned, I put brake fluid in, but no change in any of the lights. Any thoughts?

since the brake fluid didn't do anything you need to have a dealer level scan tool put on the vehicle. this is a communication problem between the ECM and the skid control and translate ECU. The scan tool will be able to communicate with all of these modules and determine where the problem lies. or you can buy a scan tool and do it yourself. as you can see these fault codes take very in depth troubleshooting

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess this is a scam. No one answers my communication. I just get an offer to pay $26 for a PHONE CALL to my "Toyota Mechanic". Total ripoff. I was hoping this was the real deal, but guess not!I appreciate you responding. Sorry if I was rude, but these days you just never know. As I mentioned, I put brake fluid in, but no change in any of the lights. Any thoughts?Thanks for your help. Guess we're done. Thanks again.

you're welcome. good luck

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician