Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 09 Scion XB and have excessive movement at the

motor and vibration. It looks...
I have a 09 Scion XB and have excessive movement at the motor and vibration. It looks like the motor mounts might need to be replaced. Is there any specific procedure to remove and install new motor mounts? Also do you recommend doing all the mounts including the trans mount?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/20/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

When one mount fails that makes the others work twice as hard to control the torque of the engine and trans. So yes, one bad can make all bad. You need to make a visual inspection to see if more than one is bad or all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhx1lq78phhqmfw/xbtrans.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44jehp6n1ndjkqf/xbengine.pdf?dl=0

Above are links to engine and trans removal so you can see how to replace the mounts, you do not have to remove the engine and trans though.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician