Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Rear door is stuck. It closed onto a bungee cord hook. Won't…

Rear door is stuck...

Rear door is stuck. It closed onto a bungee cord hook. Won't open

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

16 hylander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to pry it up enough with the power door motor working to get the hook out, no luck. Tried the button behind the panel at the bottom of the door

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

10k auto

1/20/2018
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing your question now....

try opening the door while putting pressure on the rear part of the door from the inside

Tried that

have you tried the key fob??

im reviewing now

when you press buttons to open or close do you hear the door mechanism inside the tailgate

I got inside and pushed with both feet while I operated the door using the key fob

is the door closed all the way. try pushing it closed then press open

It's closed tight against a bungee cord hook 1/2 inch

try pushing door closed then pull open or have someone outside and inside and push closed then puch open

I give up. Thanks for trying to help. I have a call into the dealer service for advice

ok thank you. please rate me on my services greatly appreciated. have a good night.

just reminding you to please rate me on my services will be greatly appreciated. have a good day

Cesar Jimenez