Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2012 prius has a problem at ABS EAU board, I got the used…

2012 prius has a problem...
2012 prius has a problem at ABS EAU board, I got the used ABS part and opened the metal cover, but I couldn't remove the ABS EAU board from the pin connections, I think Toyota MFG put some kind of glue.Do you know how to remove the EAU board?
Answered in 2 days by:
1/21/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• I am attempting to get to and assist every single long waiting customer we have. I am willing to try and assist you. Do you still need help? Is there any more information you can provide which would assist me?
I would like to know how to remove the EAU board, please refer to the attached photo.

If you attached a photo, it did not come through, can you try again?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Phone call session started

I can complete the call once I get your first name.

Chris

first name is "Jae"

Send me that picture we spoke about on the phone.

attached "ABS_EAU_Board.pdf" file, the file size is just 1.9Mb

That part of the board is held on by all the pins that protrude up through it which are then soldered in place. This board will not come off.

I guess the board will be defective on my Prius, then what is the easiest way to try?, touching entire the ABS system is not easy one to me
from the attached file, the board area, the soldering is right, but the black connector area, it should be connection type, not soldering type likely

The black part does not appear to be soldered or glued but then again there is nothing I can find on working inside this ABS unit. It is not supposed to be opened and repaired, just replaced.

in case of Toyota Camry - EAU board was replaceable that is based on my internet research
but in case of Toyota Prius, told me EAU board is not replaceable.is this a right understanding for Toyota Camry and Toyota Prius?, I want to make sure

That is correct, Prius does not have this repair option

thanks for support, have a good day, I will close this case, but I will try to break the used EAU board, to make sure.

You are welcome