Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2004 Camry cabin heater is blowing either hot or cold,

2004 Camry cabin heater...

2004 Camry cabin heater is blowing either hot or cold, nothing in between. I have to set the temp up to 80F then turn the fan down to keep it blowing warm air.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything as I don't have a repair manual to determine what to check. I'm thinking the cabin air temp sensor is faulty?

1/18/2018
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

4 or 6 cylinders?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?

patience please

start at step 2.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Am printing procedures
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not working on vehicle at this time. Just wanted to know what to look at

chances are the ac amplifier if at fault, but this test will confirm

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thanks. I guess we are done at this point until I do this testing. Thanks.

ok, let me know how it turns out. thanks

hows it going?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Worked on it today. The back of the A/C Control Assem only had Connector "A", no Connector "B". However I discovered a badly tapped wire on the back side of Connector "A" (from remote start install I believe). The factory wire was stripped a quarter inch and the tap wire wrapped around it and taped. I redid the tap with crimp connectors and the heater seems to respond correctly now to cabin temp setting changes. I didn't bother with all the other voltmeter tests at this time. My voltmeter doesn't have probes small enough and I didn't have time to hack something together.

aftermarket installs cause so many issues

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Yup. I think the tap was for the rear defrost to come on when I remote start. Thanks.

youre welcome., if you need more help, let me know

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you. have a great evening

david craig
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic