Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I tried to jump start the battery in my 2009 Camry and

Customer Question
I tried to jump...

I tried to jump start the battery in my 2009 Camry and connected the cables the wrong poles on the battery. Replaced battery and had power inside car but no sound when trying to start the ignition. I took it to a local mechanic who said I needed a new multi link. fuse. Replaced fuse and now car will crank but will not turn over. Suggest I tow it to dealer. He said I might need a new Computer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes. Inside and out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to try.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I kn ow

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/18/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

When you turn the Switch to ON, Do you see The Check Engine Light Comes on The Dash for Few seconds and goes away ?

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

I don't know. I'm having the car towed to my house tomorrow from the shop.
Should I call you back tomorrow after I have the car?

Ok, did he Try Hooking up A Scanner to The OBDII Plug and was he Able to Establish Communication or do you know ?

yes this post stays open between us for you so when you get car check this check engine light for me and we can check few other things be best when u have car

When you get car reply back here and we can continue

I m online From 7 AM till late Daily, Eastern time zone

I don't know the answer. I think I will reach out again tomorrow when I have the car.

If all fuses are good and he changed fusible link and The Check Engine light does not come on when you turn switch on and no communication with ecm if scanner plugged in

and we have no power on our DLC ( data link connector (OBDII) plug ) then yes possible you fried ECM , but you can replace it worst case

Ok sounds good we talk to you tomorrow

Click on link to view ECM location in case needed replacing later & connector pin out

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat