Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My wife's 2011 toyota venza seems to turn, found out it has…

Customer Question
My wife's 2011 toyota...

My wife's 2011 toyota venza seems harder to turn, found out it has eps, could it not be working? does it have a blown fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Never before messed with the fuses, assume all fuses are the same since it was new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to fix it myself, really nothing yet, just checked air pressure in tires, thought maybe getting an allignment

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just checked the fuse box under the hood, shows a fuse for the eps , not fuse i'm familiar with, shows 80 amp, big fuse, not sure if it could be bad

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
1/17/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 month ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting, the eps is computer controlled and has self diagnosis so if there was any malfunction the eps warning light would turn on. Doing a front end alignment may be a good idea to start. If the fuse was blown it should be obvious, the filament inside would be burned out.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech